- Midjourney considers banning political images to prevent misinformation during the 2024 US presidential election.
- Suffolk experts predict that AI will replace human coders within a decade.
- The AI Pilot project in Assam government hospitals has successfully detected heart attacks, saving lives through timely interventions.
Welcome to Tofido’s daily news roundup, where we bring you five things you may have missed today:
1. New COVID-19 Variant Uncovered: Scientists have identified a new variant of the coronavirus in South Africa, known as the C.1.2 variant. Researchers are currently studying the potential implications of this variant and whether it may impact vaccine effectiveness.
2. Amazon Announces Plans for Climate Pledge: Amazon has revealed its commitment to reducing its carbon emissions by 2030 through its Climate Pledge initiative. The company aims to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2040 and plans to invest $1 billion in reforestation efforts.
3. Haiti Earthquake Relief Efforts Underway: Following the devastating 7.2 magnitude earthquake in Haiti, relief efforts are underway to provide aid to those affected. The United Nations and various international organizations are mobilizing to support the Haitian people in their time of need.
4. Apple Announces Virtual Event: Apple has confirmed its upcoming virtual event on September 14, where the company is expected to unveil its latest iPhone models. Rumors suggest that the new iPhone 13 lineup may include improvements to camera technology and processing power.
5. UEFA Champions League Draw: The draw for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League took place today, with top European clubs learning their opponents for the upcoming competition. The stage is set for an exciting tournament as teams vie for the prestigious title.
Stay tuned for more updates and breaking news on Tofido.