Tech News Summary:
- Virginia Tech football lost to NC State in their final home game, but finished with notable statistics
- The team had a streak of scoring in 368 consecutive games and wore a traditional uniform combination for the third time in a season
- Individual performances, creative plays, and defensive efforts showcased the team’s resilience and determination
In a nail-biting showdown, Virginia Tech and NC State went head-to-head in an epic battle of the titans on Saturday. The two powerhouse teams clashed in a thrilling match that kept fans on the edge of their seats until the final whistle. As the dust settles on this intense showdown, it’s time to take a closer look at some notable numbers from the game.
1. Final Score: The final score of the game was a heart-stopping 27-24, with Virginia Tech clinching the victory in a dramatic finish.
2. Rushing Yards: Both teams showcased their ground game, with Virginia Tech racking up an impressive 183 rushing yards, while NC State tallied 165 rushing yards.
3. Passing Yards: The passing game was equally impressive, with NC State amassing 262 passing yards, compared to Virginia Tech’s 201 passing yards.
4. Turnovers: Turnovers proved to be a crucial factor in the game, with Virginia Tech forcing 3 turnovers, including 2 interceptions and a fumble recovery.
5. Total Yards: The teams combined for a staggering 874 total yards, highlighting the high-octane offensive firepower on display throughout the game.
6. Time of Possession: Virginia Tech dominated the time of possession, holding the ball for 32 minutes and 45 seconds, compared to NC State’s 27 minutes and 15 seconds.
7. Penalties: Both teams committed a number of penalties, with Virginia Tech and NC State totaling 8 and 6 penalties, respectively.
Overall, the Battle of the Titans between Virginia Tech and NC State was a thrilling showcase of skill, determination, and resilience. With both teams leaving it all on the field, the game will surely be remembered as a highlight of the season.