Tech News Summary:
- Google rebrands its AI chatbot from Bard to Gemini, making it available on web, Android, and iOS platforms, with new features expected in the future.
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman seeks $7 billion in funding for a major technology initiative, potentially leading to advancements in AI models and chip manufacturing capabilities.
- WhatsApp is set to gain cross-platform compatibility to comply with the Digital Markets Act in the EU, while Apple is reportedly working on developing foldable iPhones and iPads with a clamshell design similar to Samsung’s Galaxy Z Flip5.
Tech News Roundup: Bard Becomes Gemini, OpenAI CEO’s Trillion Dollar Ambition, and More!
In the world of tech, there have been some major developments this week. Here’s a roundup of the biggest news in the tech industry:
– Bard, the popular online writing platform, has announced that it is rebranding as Gemini. The company has recently undergone a major overhaul, including a new logo, website, and user interface. Gemini aims to continue providing a platform for writers to connect, share their work, and collaborate with others in the community.
– OpenAI CEO, Sam Altman, has revealed his ambitious goal of building a trillion-dollar company. OpenAI is a research organization that focuses on developing artificial intelligence and ensuring it is used responsibly. Altman’s vision for the company is to create transformative AI technology that will have a significant impact on the world.
– Microsoft has announced a new initiative to bring broadband internet access to underserved rural areas in the United States. The company plans to utilize a mix of technology, including TV white spaces and other wireless solutions, to bridge the digital divide and provide internet access to millions of Americans living in remote areas.
– Apple has unveiled its latest lineup of MacBook Pro laptops, featuring the new M1 Pro and M1 Max chips. The new processors promise significant performance improvements, including faster CPU and GPU speeds, better energy efficiency, and improved thermal management. The new MacBook Pro models are expected to set a new standard for professional-grade laptops.
These are just a few of the exciting developments happening in the tech industry this week. Stay tuned for more updates and innovations as technology continues to evolve and shape the world around us.